Blue scraps for January sounds about right. Christmas is done and we are back to the same old same cold. We have had a cold week. Some snow and some bad roads. Blue and icy all around. I also kind of slid into the ditch today. Me and my van are fine, thanks to the nice man who towed me out.
Last year I got doing the 6" sampler blocks. At first I used what ever lights. Then I got using lights that were the right colour of the month. I did not like the 4 blocks on the right. So this week I remade the 4 blocks on the left to make up my 9 sampler blocks.
Here is the 9 blocks. I have added this to Socrappy's Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015
. There the blue blocks are all fixed up. I have many other blocks to do in many other colours so the sampler will be at least a 2 year project.
Today I worked on these little Lime Green Dear Jane blocks.
As this is my first post of the year, I feel this need to tell you all what I have planned to do for the next year. Both the quilt guild I belong to have quilt shows this year so I need to do some finishing. So here it is
- I work on the RSC 2015 (Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015) I may find I need to finish a few quilts and not start new blocks. So I will plan to work on a quilt that has some of the months colour. So maybe some blocks but I must finish more. I have too many to list today.
- I will keep making Dear Jane blocks with Kaffet Fasset fabrics.
- I will keep working on my Hexagons using the Kaffet Fasset fabrics
- I have a quilt to finish that is a joint quilt with my mom. We need to finish it.
- I hope to finish the log cabin quilt with Kaffet Fassets that was part of a block exchange.
- I have some blocks from the Leduc Guild tin box exchange I hope to do a table runner with.
- I have a Scrap Garden challenge to do for the Leduc Guild past president challenge. I think I have all the blocks done.
- Maybe I should get at least 1 or 2 of the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts done. Easy Street is a top waiting to be quilted, 3 others in block form need to be made into tops then quilted.
- and more.
Happy New Year to you all.