Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Altered Album Swap

I hosted a Altered Album Swap on Two Peas in a Bucket this winter. I worked on this Vintage Christmas album for my partner Pam in CA. I started with on of my son's old children' board books. This book had a great shape with each page being a different shape on the left side. Note the hanging orniments I did. I got the idea for ornaments from Tim Holtz 12 days of Christmas tags on his blog. I also did many tags for inside the book. I used a few recycled things in the book. Tool from my poinsettia wrapping, some ribbon, some Canadian stamps.
I used mostly Graphic 45 Christmas Past line of paper.



Here is the back cover. I spent days and days trying out different paint options to get the old crackle paint that I wanted. I tried red on top of cream and about three different brands of paint and three crackle mediums. When I got the look I wanted, I then tried out the different ink options too. I used ink on all edges inside and out side the book. I think Pam was pleased with her book. I got a great vintage book - try to post soon.

2 comments:

  1. I love love love it! The book is adorable and really like the papers you used. I want to make one too! Have a great day. Carole

    ReplyDelete