Sunday, March 6, 2011

Poverty Piecing


 I have some great scraps from my current quilt - the spider web. I also need some tabs and leaders for the machine piecing on the spider web quilt. So...


 Time for some Poverty Piecing.


 I was shown how to do poverty piecing a few years back by a friend, Lou.  She has made it her mission not to be wasteful and puts all good fabric to good use. When I started these little blocks, I come up with about a doz ideas. Book marks, Luggage tags, Book covers, Change purse, Needle case cover, Hot pad, Oven mitt cover, Bag of some kind, Postcard with some added embellishment, - Ok so nine ideas so far. We will just have to see how much of this Poverty Piecing I get done.


I also have these cut strips. I am thinking hair or weaving or I could trap it under tulle and make something that way.

1 comment:

  1. The colors are so pretty to look at- they would look great in a jar in a window- I know not very practical but very lovely to look at-
    I do love your color choices- they make me smile.
    Thanks for sharing your poverty blocks.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete