Thursday, June 16, 2011

Year End Quilter's Dinner


The Edmonton and District Quilter's Guild had the year end Dinner last night. They asked us to dress with our Hats or Fascinators in honour of the royal wedding this spring.  Here is me in the family's pink hat. The hat was make by Mom's great aunt for my Grandmother to wear at mom's wedding. Then my Mom wore the hat to my wedding. So the hat has been mother of the bride hat twice. 

Another great hat at the dinner last night. She had made this hat for the Canadian Derby a few years back, so there are horseshoes on the hat. I think she won a prize that year for her hat. 


At the year end dinner we also have some kind of fund raiser for the University of Alberta grant that the guild sponsors. This year we were making Mo Jo dolls that are then raffled off. We sell tickets and you place a ticket in the bag of the dolls you want to win. I think tickets were 15 for $10.00 and other amounts.


More great dolls. I did not make one this year. I planned to but I guess time ran out.


I bought lots of tickets but I did not win one this year.


Fern was her name.


There were so many and I only got a few photos. This one was beaded and behind glass.


Mom and the little kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment