Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday


I thought I would show off some great work on my fellow Edmonton and District Quilter's Guild Members. First to show you is Wanda's Fabric basket. Look at the buttons. She is a great collector of old buttons. She has made this to give to a new daughter in law and wanted to use some very special buttons. 


This fan quilt is a group raffle quilt. The funds raised will go to the Edmonton Guild Endowment fund. We have been fund raising for a few years now and are able to give two scholarships. The hope to have enough funds for a third graduate scholarship. The quilt was long arm machine quilted by Kim. I forgot to get a book of tickets. Maybe at the next meeting.


I have linked up today's post to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday and The Canadian Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I love basket with vintage buttons.
    Congrats from Italy, Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the raffle quilt. Worthy cause... scholarships. I always thought I'd set one up if I won the lottery.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE old buttons! I use them a lot for embellishment on quilts;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fan quilt- I love the colors- it would be perfect for my niece and her to be husband...
    Love the basket- so funky- lots of great ideas to explore- I am bit snowed under with school work right now- just finished two sets of reports and now need to finish report cards. Perhaps at spring break after our son goes back to Charlottetown- I will need quilt therapy then..
    Thanks for sharing these beauties.. Regards, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely basket, and fantastic raffle quilt! Will you sell tickets on your blog?

    ReplyDelete