Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Plants


I have to thank my quilt friend Diane (from my Surface Design Group) for helping me with some plants for this little project. Just as quilters will share fabric they will also share plants with others that garden. I saw some Terrariums on different web sites and the local greenhouse, and just wanted to make my own. I thought my Hens and Chicks would be perfect. But my Hens and Chicks had winter killed in the garden. So I called a few friends that quilt and garden. I traded some hand dyed thread for some plants. 

I had the glass jar. I had bought it at a garage sale a few years back. I had the blue/white plant and the little lacy one. So with little cost to me, I have a new plant feature. My mom is laughing at me and said they did this back in the 60's. I think it is cute. 


More Gardens


The blue irises are not in my garden. I took the photos in May at the Penticton Convention Center, were Quilt BC was. They were perfect that week. 


I have added this post to The Needle and Thread Network blog. My post today may not be much about stitching today but if not for stitching I may not have so many good friends to share plants with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment