Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend of Green Scraps


I finally got working on my Green scraps for the month of May. I pulled out my "Around About" project. Last year I started with the colours of the month according to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013. First was Pink then Purple then Orange and April was Green. For the Green I had the fabric set aside but nothing more done. So this Month in the Colour is Green again and I wanted to get back to this project. I had lots of wonky green strips left over from other free form cutting art projects, most are hand dyed fabrics. 


I am not sure which way is up now. I had designed it yesterday with the top photo but then I had it this way for all the other colours. We will see what happens later, sometimes It just tells you how it will be. 


I also did two spools. The first one I did was Lime green and I did it the wrong size again. Oh well. They were to be 8" square and I keep sewing too many little strings together and cutting the side parts 6 1/2"  long when they should be 4 1/2" long. 

I have added the post to Soscrappy's RSC 2014

8 comments:

  1. What a fun project - I love how the scrappy all come together to form such a beautiful expression of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spools come in different sizes... Love yours, and the free form is wonderful. It'll be interesting to see where it goes. Genius idea.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea adding to your project from last year, it's beautiful. Are you going to carry on incorporating any colours from this 2014 Challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you made a design choice by accident & can put the little spools and big spools together in a quilt!! I also like your free form quilt top---with each added color---it grows more interesting. How is your adorable puppy doing??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That "Around About" project is great, Cathy! I have a quilting friend who puts "corners" instead of sleeves on her art pieces, so they can be hung in more than one orientation. Just a thought... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Glad that green has come around again for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you just want to have two sizes of spools in the quilt - or two quilts =) Your round about is lovely.

    ReplyDelete