Monday, February 15, 2016

Designing with Repeats



So working on my hand pieced Hexagons again. Well I should say it is all I have done for a few weeks now. Loving it.
I had enough feather fabric to get 6 repeats. So I dove in and started cutting. I worked at getting 6 repeat layers all lined up. I used pins to pick a point like a end or special wiggle. Then I used my templates to cut all 6 layer at one time.  


Oh just look at it!


Then I glued the fabric to the papers I use. I can see what the block is going to look like. I had some blue triangle to try out. OK but maybe I can find something else. 


Then I tried out a dark purple hand dyed fabric for the triangles. They were too dark I think. 


I went looking for something green like the back ground. Yes I liked these triangles. 


Here is the finished block all sewn by hand. 

I have added today's post to Design Wall Monday over at Judy's blog. 


Here is another block also done with 6 repeats of the feather fabric. 


This is a Judy block done with the feather print again. The green fabric is a hand dyed. I love using my hand dyed fabrics with the KFC fabrics. 


This was another option for these cut Hexagons. But I liked the one I did best. 



The Design Wall. So far 3 blocks done with the repeats. I sure am loving these repeats in my Hexagons. 


5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! What a great use of that Kaffe Fassett print fabric! I have some of it in my stash. The patterns you're making with your fussy cut hexies are just fantastic. FWIW, I did like the dark purple with your blue/purple one. It has a higher contrast to really show off the piecing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jUST LOVELY BLOCKS--the colors in those fabrics really sing--nice work! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hexagons, and using one of my favourite fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous Cathy, wish I had more time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The repeats are fabulous Cathy. I have yet to do hexies, this certainly inspires me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete