Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Retreat Report


We all had a great time at retreat again. Who would not have fun? We were at the Gull Lake retreat center with the Leduc Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild.
I started a new quilt and was playing around with my new Bunny ears. 


Here are all the fabrics I picked out. I am making Fancy Forest by Elizabeth Hartmen. I really loved the fox pattern she made a while back and thought the hedge hog was also super cute. Now she has a pattern with so many more animal, how could I not make it.  I have a lot of Kaffe Fassett Collection fabric, I have also added many hand dyed fabrics. I know all my lightest fabrics are hand dyed and a few others too. 


My first 2 foxes in orange. I got a pale blue linen to use for the background. So Cute!


My first owl. I love him!


The bunny I finished at retreat. The light pink is a hand dyed fabric. 



I was able to finish the 16 foxes that were required for the quilt. I had a great time making them. They went together well and quick when I did some chain piecing. 


One of the other quilters had her fox pattern with her. She watched me do a fox and then dug out her fabric to make a fox. All of her fox fabric is haring bone.


1 comment: