Saturday, June 3, 2017

Yellow Scraps


I got my last 2 green blocks done for May. I have been calling them lanterns. I already had the yellow one done, so thought I would do the grey one as it was cut out already. 


With each new colour I sort my scraps a bit. Large chunks, 3 or 4" strips, 2" and 1 1/2" strips. a few squares and rectangles then the little odd bits. 



Some yellow strips ready to go. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy and Scrap Saturday


I just got a tiny start on sewing some yellow. I did not get any blocks done yet to show off. 


I have been lucky lately. I won this bundle of fabric from Sew Fresh Quilts. Check out her site and all the great patterns she designs and sells. I love so many of her Canadian patterns but she also has some USA patterns too. Love the wild life patterns too. 


Look a few yellow in here. 


My new book arrived in the mail this week. So much good mail this week. I think I might have to make Glitter. 


Also I won this book at the last Edmonton guild meeting. They have a book draw with 2 books to win. I was really hoping to win it. Wow I did. I had it on my wish list. I am not sure which quilt to start first. Maybe Sugar skulls in girly colours. 

I was at an agility trial again today. We had a great day! Gemma is now Master Gamble dog of Canada. She is so much fun!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! Like you, I sort my scraps into relative sizes right off the bat. Lucky you with your great winnings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your lovely wins!! I think your RSC quilt will be gorgeous--good background choice....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. A freshly sorted pile of scraps -- so organized! Lovely collection! Glad you are finding lots of yellows to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart thinking! Now you are ready to sew those pretty YELLOW prints. The prep work is half the battle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your streak of luck. Have you bought any lottery tickets? Lovely yellow scraps so organized. Guess it makes it easier to find what you need. I'll have to try that some day.

    ReplyDelete