Friday, March 2, 2018

Bionic Gear Bag for mom


Finished another Bionic Gear Bag, this time it is for my mom. I told her I would make one for her and plan to give it to her for Mother's Day, I guess I am early this year. I am sure she will love it. 


For mom's bag I have added some special zipper charms. 3 of the charms are made from scrabble tiles, a B, an M, and then Donald Duck. Dad's name is Donald. Then a photo transfer of my dad about 3 yrs old sitting on an old Ford car. I had made some photo transfer charms a few years back and this was an extra.  

You can see I made this bag Bright! I am very happy with the family of bright colours. I have added 2 vinyl pockets, one in front of the orange pocket and one in front of the first pocket. She can put paper note in the large vinyl pocket and maybe needle packs in the front one. 




This bag is also larger than the original pattern. I have made the bag 12" wide not the 9" as in the pattern. I also added a stiff bottom in the lining so it does not fold in the middle. I got the pattern over at Sew Like a Rock Star. I love her patterns they are so worth it. I joined the site and bought this pattern and the mother load bag. There are so many great videos. I love to watch the videos and seeing how fussy I can get. The Facebook group site has some other good ideas from the members. 


Here is the all zipped up photo. I am also very close to finishing up my bag too. I still have some hand stitching down the binding. 


5 comments:

  1. What a great bag! I love the bright fabrics you used and the zipper pulls are a great addition. I might have to get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be warned you will have many videos to watch before you really get started. They are good and I am sure you will learn lots. I have followed most of her recommendations, like when to use Best Pressed.

      Delete
  2. That is quite colorful! Do I recognized some Colorworks Concepts in there? FABULOUS colors! Love the extra special charms, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes many of the fabrics are Colourworks Concept and I think most is Northcott. I just love the fabrics.

      Delete
  3. Your Mom's enlarged, expanded, and embellished version of the bag turned out great. Nice work, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete