Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Roll Roll Cotton Boll


I first found out about the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilts from my Ante Arley. The Roll Roll Cotton Boll was almost done when I found out about it. I got told I should print out the pattern right away if I wanted to do the quilt. So I did. The first photo is Arley's quilt, I quilted it for her. The pattern is now in Bonnie's book Spring Fling. I love the book and might end up doing most of the quilts in that book. 


Here is what my blocks were looking like. 


The stacks of blocks.


The quilting is done but it did not show up in the photo. 
I do not think I have every shown this quilt done on my blog before.


Here is the quilt complete and on a bed. I did make it bigger with an extra row. My mom helped me finish this quilt and then we gave it to a family member getting married. The Bride loved it. 



2 comments:

  1. our version of Roll Roll Cotton Boll is beautiful. I recently finished mine and have it on my bed. Mine is more traditional colors of navy, gold, deep red and green. I renamed mine Cockleburr Lane. I still haven't decided on colors for the new mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has to be my favourite MQ so far. I have made the centre and just cannot get the borders to work!! Gasp, may have to improvise and forge on with out them.

    ReplyDelete