Sunday, January 20, 2019

Red Scraps

The Design Wall this week

For many years I have followed along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
This year I will be doing more scrap sewing again. 
RSC 2019 here we come!

6 1/2" blocks made with 2" squares

I have done 9 - 16 patches. I had some done but they had one square a different colour. I have decided that I wanted some full red. I have a few colours out of control but red is in good shape. I already had all the red 2" squares cut and ready to go. So easy this week.
 Next up in red should be some string blocks. 


 16 blocks 4 1/2" Pin wheels in Blue

Last year I had trouble with my blue scraps. Way out of control. It took me most of the month just to trim and cut and sort the boxes of blue. So I did not get these sewn together. So this year I need to do some other colours now and then, like Blue and Green. 

Also I have to work towards getting tops and quilts done. You might see me working on odd colours or the tops and quilting. I am hopping for more finishing this year. There are some quilt shows to enter. I also only quilted 2 of my own quilts this past year. 


These Red blocks are from Canada's 150 Women blocks. My mom, Betty and I are working on the blocks together. I am way behind. Only 25 block of my 75 done. So here are 4 more blocks, 6" square. 


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful selection of RED blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're following along with the RSC. It's a fun way to motivate projects from month to month by color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Canada's 150 Women blocks are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have neglected getting started on Canada's 150 women. Soon though, very soon. Maybe not a guild show year is best for starting new projects and on guild show years to finish!

    ReplyDelete