Monday, February 15, 2021

Milagro Workshop

 


On Saturday I spent my day taking a class on Zoom. The teacher was Dawn Piasta of Dewpoint Arts from Manitoba. The class was set up by the Edmonton and District Quilter's guild. We had a nice group of members signed up. I think I knew most of the ladies in the class. 

My sampling is the first photo. We ironed the fabric to freezer paper so that it stays in place better. We used water, Aloe and then a paint medium, I had goldens GAC 900.  I did some outlining with a Frixion pen for some outlining, and then I also sampled the Pigma pen. So some lines disappear and some stay. The Pigma pen did run in some places. 


We used the Dewent Inktease Pencils and Blocks. I did not have these but my mom had the two sets. So I got to use her pencils. They were new and I got to use them first, Thanks Mom


After sampling I got to work on this little deer, it was one of the images Dawn gave us to use in class. I used the frixion pen to do my lines. I spent time blending my colours a little. I made him red and orange mostly because the pencil set had a nice run. 


Here is my finished animal. I used the heat to set the colours and get rid of the lines. 

I could see using these to make some pretty fancy quilt labels. Or maybe a sweet little wall quilt that kind of looks like appliqué but is not. Dawn sometimes uses her drawing as appliqués too. The pencils can be used for little art landscape too. So many things to do. 

Sunday I took a second class form Dawn. I have not taken any photos yet. You will have to wait. I have a busy week and today is not a day off, I teach a bit tonight and have lots to do before that, and have a long list of work things to do. 





No comments:

Post a Comment