Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Altered Box for Betty

This past week was my mother's birthday. I love making her something. I was planning on some jewelry but then needed to rap it up. I had three pairs of earrings and a charm bracelet. I thought it would be cute to have it all in one pretty box. That is when it hit me. I made the box with this tin candy dish. I first covering it with Ranger's Alcohol Inks. I used a red, black and gold. When the ink was dry ( it is fast), I sealed it with Mog podge. I added the three layers of flowers and a button.
The jewelry did not sit in the box nice so I added a bottom liner. I used a heavy wool fabric and trimmed the edge with a blanket stitch in red thread. Now the jewelry would sit nice and quite in the box.
The completed box. It was a hit with mom.

2 comments: