Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Altered Boxes

I needed a large box for a partner swap that is going to Japan. I will fill it with goods that are both new and handmade scrap booking supplies. I found this larger metal box to buy a few weeks ago. The smaller box had tea in it, and is long gone. I used the Ranger alcohol inks to cover the boxes - Silver, Stream and Wild Plum. They dry fast and then I sealed it with Mod Podge.
Now both are dry and I need to pick out flowers to go on top. I pulled out most of the flowers I had. It took longer to pick the flowers than to paint the boxes. I have brads through the flowers and then I glued it on to the top with E600 glue. Love this stuff.
The finished box heading to Japan later this week. If my partner peeks - Surprise!
Here is the little tea box. I sprayed the paper flowers with glitter. This box is for me to keep. I think I will keep it in my bedroom on a dresser. ( I do not know why I have this underlined? New to this blog thing. If my kid was here he could fix it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment