Friday, January 12, 2018

Bad to the Bone


Bad to the Bone is done. I started to call this project Bad to the Bone right from the start. I was so bad to start a new project and buy an arm load of new fabric when I should not have. I had so many quilts on the go and so many that needed to to be finished and now I was starting something new. 
Then I was bad, I got the top done quickly but did not quilt it for years. Extra bad. 


Outside snow shots are so much fun to do. Maybe a bit cold to do but fun to look back at all the blue white snow and my bright quilts. 


I was so unsure of how I was going to quilt this quilt. It sat for a long time, a finished top but not done. I was very pleased with how the quilting worked out. On the dark stings I did straight lines not measured out so fine but not evenly spaced. Then on the light coloured stings I did curvy shapes and every diamond is different, so lots of different quilting. 


Here the quilt is hanging at the Leduc quilt show back in Oct. Yes it has been done for a few months. I was not blogging much at the time because I was so busy quilting. I had my nose in the fabric and not in the computer. 


I have added this post to Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  There is lots to see at both sites. 

4 comments:

  1. It's BEAUTIFUL!! Glad you finally got it to the 'done' stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!!! Makes me want to dig out all my Kaffe fabrics and slice them into strips. Your quilting really enhances this quilt... well done...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous finish! And such a fun name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on you for holding out on us. Why were you withholding this fabulous finish? Bad to the Bone turned out GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete