Saturday, January 27, 2018

Blue Spiral Log Blocks


I kept working away on my blue blocks. They are looking good. They can not really go together yet in this photo. They are different sizes on one side. They each need one more strip added to make them square. 

I have added this to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018 and the link at Soscrappy


Lots of 1 1/2 strips of blue fabric is getting used. I had to cut a few more light blues, I was running out. I still have lots of darker blue strips. It also leaves me with short bits at the end. Oh well in the scrap box they go. 


I played with how I might lay them out. I might not do any other colours but just use all the blue ones together. Not sure I like the way the quilt is split in 4 rows. I made all my spirals spin the same way. Not sure what I could have done had I done half one way and half the other spinning way. 


OK love this lay out. The blocks have all the sides added now. I ended up adding one more strip to each block. Half the blocks have 3 dark strips on the outside. and the other half of blocks have 3 sides with Light on the outside. This way they are square blocks and fit together better. I think these would be a cute baby boy quilt. I have the blocks labeled to sew together like this. I have to put this way for a week or so. I must finish something else. 

If I do these again I might have to just make half spin the other way. I will get a different layout. 

15 comments:

  1. Love the final layout. They are so many fun ways you could put these together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last layout adds so much more movement in the quilt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great - on the individual block - I got so excited - I HAVE some of those fabrics!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these spiral blocks. Great contrast between the light and dark blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such great blocks! The last layout looks like they are dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to be such a pretty quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These blocks are great. Would it work to turn half of them wrong side up just to get an idea of how it would look with half spun the other way?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous! I love all of the different scraps you were able to use.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these blocks - your design wall looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two last ones look like the Greek Key pattern. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete