Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday Purples


I got some of my Purple honey comb blocks done this week, 2 blue/purple and 3 lilac blocks. 


I have not sewn the top and bottom together yet. It is better to leave them like this and sew the quilt top together in rows of half blocks. 

I got the pattern for the honey comb blocks Here


This post is added to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018 and the linky party over at Soscrappy today. I have also added this post to Oh Scrap.


I worked hard at cutting and sorting my purples this week. A tray of sorted and trimmed up squares and a few triangles at the top. I have 2" squares, 2 1/2" squares and then some 3" squares. I have a few different projects planning that will use these sizes. The sampler blocks over at Soscrappy can be done mostly from this tray. I did blue blocks that were 10" finished and used the 2 1/2" squares and triangles. I might also make a smaller size too. 


This is the main box of purple. Well sorted and looking pretty tidy. 


The bits a pieces that do not fit anywhere. I will use this stack to start a few crumb blocks later in the month. 

11 comments:

  1. You have lots of pretty purples! I'm impressed with your cutting and organizing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful array of PURPLE scraps for the RSC!! Have fun making the rest of your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of purple scraps! I love your honey comb blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have fabulous purple to play with & Great pattern for your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your new honeycomb blocks each month--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with your honeycomb blocks. You sure have a lot of yummy purple scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely assortment of purples--and what is really nice is that they look like they all play well together...beautiful wedges....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a lot of purple. Those crumb blocks are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete