Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Wool socks


Well that was fast! I started these socks in early Jan and got them finished in about 2 weeks. I am sure that is the fastest I have done a pair. It also shows how much TV I have watched the last 2 weeks. I love this pair the pinks and greens twisted around and made a cool pattern. Only while working the heal did it go more random like. 


So just before that pair was done I picked up this same brand of yarn. The colour changes are very quick and so the colour is scrabbled for sure. Sometimes you knit 2 or 3 stitches and then you get a different colour. I got both these yarns at Blackbird Yarn store in Leduc, they were a good price too under $12 for 100 grams, wool and nylon mix. 


I also have to do sock repair. Not as much fun. I first wear out the ball of the foot near the toes. If I have the leftover yarn I re knit the toes. After a wear and wash you can not tell. How ever, the bottom of the heals go next and that is harder to fix. Both of these socks need new toes. I have a darning egg that I picked up years ago just to have, but I use it all the time now that I have socks to fix. I use the egg to pick up stitches for repair or to darn a wear hole. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh what yummy socks--love those colorways...
    Yikes--I have never "de-toed" my knitted socks!! But why not--I wish I could still knit but my wrist/thumb joint won't let me ;((( I love seeing knitted projects...
    And socks were my favorite thing to knit--I always felt so accomplished when I turned the heels--;)))
    nice work stay safe hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete