Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Gifts Finished


I got this done on Christmas morning just in time to leave for a family dinner and gift opening. It is a table runner I made for my mother in law. I used a block from a book from Laundry Basket Quilts called Friendship Strips and Scraps. There is a wall quilt in the book that uses five of these blocks, I just knew it would be cute as a runner. I am very pleased with it.


Here is a detail of the machine quilting I did on it. Most of the fabric I used is batiks.


I had bought this hand made bowl at a craft fair in November and picked out the fabrics to go with the bowl. I had pulled my mother in laws name for Christmas this year and I think she was very happy with her gift.

I have added this post to Crazy mom quilts,


I tried something new this year. I made candied orange and lemon rinds. They were a hit. I just love them. Sweet yet bitter at the same time.

Sorry I have not posted much this month. My camera went smashy smashy about two weeks ago. I did buy myself a new one. I have not done much of my own sewing this month. I quilted for customers like crazy, sometimes late into the night and I had a few dog trials on the weekends. I am going to start step 6 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery tomorrow. I think I am cough up on it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is so pretty...such a cute block...perfect for the nice bowl...have a great New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift! The block is lovely and so are the fabrics. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! Lovely block and gorgeous fabric - and hand-made pottery has always been one of my favorite things. Good wishes for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Cathy! The table runner is a beauty -- as is the bowl. I love the strip-pieced flower petals!

    ReplyDelete