Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Machine Quilting Crazy


This is a Civil War Block of the month quilt of my Mom's. I think it is the Marcus Brother's line of fabric and block of the month quilt pattern. The fabric colours are so warm yet some are very bright. 


This photo can be enlarged to see the machine quilting better. 


Here it is done and coming off the frame. I was glad to see this one done. It was on the machine for over a week and took my days and days to do. It measures 104" square. 


I am still machine quilting like crazy this week. I am trying to get the quilts done that are needed for the Leduc Black Gold Quilt Patch Quilt Show. It is Oct 18 and 19th at the Niski Inn. I hope you can come by and see if you are local. 


Here is the back of Betty's quilt. I think I went though more than 3000m of thread for this quilt.

2 comments:

  1. WOW--104"!! holy mackerels!! But it is beautiful...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Cathy! Love the colour combinations in the top, too. Alas, unable to get to your show this year -- travelling to Calgary for a wedding. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete