Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday Design Wall


On Friday, I head out to quilt retreat with the Leduc guild. I have this Honey Comb quilt as a UFO that will go with me and is high on the list to complete the top. All the main blocks are done but I need to cut out more background triangles. Maybe I can get those cut before I leave. Not sure I have enough strings for the boarder so maybe I will hunt in my scraps or I will have to cut some more. 



There are more Walls to see over at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts design wall Monday


Also on my wall for a bit this weekend was a new project, or should I say the fabric for a new project. This was one set of fabric. The dark batik was interviewed for the job of background. Maybe too dark.  


I got out some hand dyed fabric to interview. The purple on the right looked better. But I only had a fat quarter. I needed more then 3 m. I decided to try and dye more of the same colour. I got it. 
So the purple hand dyed fabric has now won the job. Maybe I can get some cutting done before I leave for retreat. 

I have lots of work, Long Arm Quilting to get done this week. So best get to my customers quilts. 


4 comments:

  1. What an interesting block your honeycombs make! It should make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those purples! Enjoy your retreat time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hexagon block. It's so interesting with all the strips. And your color sense is right on point. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it looks like you are ready for the end of winter...because your scraps look like they want to party! Even the backgrounds are dancing.
    สล็อต ออนไลน์
    Gclub

    ReplyDelete