Saturday, June 16, 2018

Turquoise Scrap Blocks


I have been working my way through my Turquoise Scrap Box. I take most of a week to sort and cut my many smaller bits of fabric. These blocks have taken me 2 weeks as I did not have many to show last week. 


I have been cutting strips out of the funny sized fabrics. Most are already strip left over from past projects. Some are mangled fat quarters that are need ironing and squaring up. 
Once I have strips I cut squares. This year I am cutting 3", 2 1/2, and 2" squares. They seam to be what I use the most. 


Strips are 3", 2 1/2", 2" and 1 1/2" I had many of the 1 1/2" left over from 2 projects I did this past year. 


My sampler blocks in 10" and in 7 1/2" sizes.


Hexagon flowers. I use the 2" squares and the 3/4" papers for these. 


I worked hard this Saturday morning and got my 6 migrated Geese blocks done just in time to show off. I love these blocks. If I keep making 6 per colour I might end up with enough for 2 quilts. I might be over doing it. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy. She had to get her husband to make her link post as she is out of town. 


The last of my pink sampler blocks. Can you see the oops? there is kind of 2 oops blocks. I guess I had better fix at least the far left bottom triangle so it matches the other 3 corners. 

5 comments:

  1. Boy, this color is your favorite, you have a lot of fabrics!! Love your Geese blocks so much... Pretty pink blocks too, it's fun to change settings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous collection of TEAL/TURQUOISE/AQUA strips, squares, and blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your turquoise blocks are GORGEOUS, I especially like the migrating geese blocks. The colors just pop. I’m looking forward to seeing your quilts mad with those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've really got a lot going on! Great job. All the blocks are great, but I really love the migrated geese blocks.
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I love those geese migration blocks! They look so great! I think I'll put these on my list for next year. And your Squared Away blocks are just a variation! :) (academicquilter at gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete