Saturday, May 4, 2019

Nine Patch Strings


The start of my blocks. 

Oh dear I have started a new quilt. On one of my favorite face book group Scrap Quilt Enthusiats, someone showed a quilt made with many strings. 
It had a nine patch in the center and worked out like log cabin or even courthouse step kind of blocks. I think the nine patch was 5 white and 4 black. With out thinking about it I did mine 5 Black and 4 white squares for the nine patch. 
It works. 


I have been sorting some of my strings. I think I had five or six places to go digging. 


My Pretty Pony. He will turn 20 later this year. His back is still looking good and strong. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like your string blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your pony is so pretty...
    I love the B&W 9-patches in the string centers--what a great idea...
    I am STILL plugging away at my strings--they are getting smaller and smaller...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have started a new quilt, but at least you are USING your scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nifty idea to use black and white 9-patches as centers for stringy blocks! I LIKE!

    ReplyDelete