Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Quilt Goals for 2017

Fancy Forest, I have about half the blocks done but I would love to finish it this year. 

 I have a large list of UFO's, about 56 projects. I have been keeping track of them for a few years now and review them every couple of months. Sometimes I am adding in new project and sometimes I get to mark a project as done. The finished projects get moved to a list of completed projects for the year. Then I know when I finished it too. 

Grand Illusion Mystery quilt, top is now done and waiting to be quilted. Not sure I have a photo of the finished top. 
Needs Quilting
  1. Bad to the Bone – quilting and binding
  2. Grand Illusions – Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2014 – Need to piece a backing and machine quilt ( started Nov 2014, top complete April 2015)
  3. Christmas Tree Shirt – mom did the piecing and I need to Quilt
  4. I am sure I have a charity quilt in a bin that needs quilting


Christmas Postage Stamp Quilt, I hope to have this quilt completed in time for a Quilt show this year. 
My Goal to finish this year, in light of there being 2 local quilt shows. I need to enter some finished work. One quilt show is in June, Edmonton Guild then in October is the Leduc Quilt show. 

What goals I have to finish for 2017
  1.      Truffet for me but I should start it
  2.      Christmas tree skirt needs quilting
  3.      Christmas Postal Stamp quilt 76” sq, finish top, make backing, quilt it
  4.      Bad to the Bone quilt it
  5.       Fancy Forest  more blocks to complete 
  6.      Grand Illusions make a backing then quilt it
  7.      Hawaii quilt finish quilt top and quilt it
  8.      Misty Day (small) quilt it 
  9.      Get a rainbow quilt top done and quilt it too
  10.      Eye project - baby quilt, start it
  11.      Slab blocks with Canadian fabric in it. 


Alletaire Mystery quilt is in this state now. I would like to get the top complete soon but I may not finish the quilting too quickly as other are on the list first.
Piecing UFO - not planning to finish in time for quilt shows but needs work
  1. KFC log cabin started in a swap, all blocks done, needs design wall work.
  2. Red brown log cabin more then 1/2 blocks done, many more still to do
  3. Pineapple log cabin with white, more blocks need piecing 
  4. Adam's plaid quilt, lots of piecing needed
  5. Celtic Solstice mystery blocks done needs work
  6. Garden Party
  7. Dear Jane in KFC many more blocks needs work, some applique
  8. Pizza box exchange still going around
  9. Scrappy Trips Around the world in KFC Reds blocks done needs to be put together.
  10. Nov 2016 Bonnie Hunter mystery En Provence 
  11. Gemma improve piecing in purple
KFC Hexagons 1" with bubble gum Kona

Hand stitching to work on

  1. Baltimore applique
  2. KFC Hexagons with bubble gum pink Kona
  3. The New Hexagons or Glorious Hexagons
  4. 3/4" hexagons started in the RSC what to do next?
  5. Leaves and daises stitched in latter stitch  

My list of UFOs still has another 35 quilts listed but not listed here today.  Some will get worked on and a few I may not go back to. I am not ready to give up on them yet. Someday I might give away or sell some of the partly done quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment