Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Three Dotee Dolls

"Madonna the Mermaid" is for a Swap on Two Peas in a Bucket. Her chest is made with two shells that I sewed on but had to add glue as they were wiggling all over the place. She was going to knock an eye out with them. (Ha Ha Sometimes I think I am funny)
Some of the beads I have used have come from old necklaces. I have a bread bag full of old necklaces form a neighbor and I look at garage sales. Each of these three dolls have at least one bead form the bread bag of necklaces.
"Rainbow Man" is for the Anything goes category. I love this print of cotton and the Lime green (what other colour would I use). He has a charm that says "Laugh".
Here is the Cupcake Dotee Doll. She has a pink wool frosting hair style. I have used my hand thread to stitch her body lines. I think her name should be "Pink Frosting". Her cherry bead on top is from the necklaces.

I have made all my dolls with my our patterns. I just drew a little on paper, sewed some and then made some changes. Before this swap I had not heard about Dotee Dolls. We were given a link to a blog here it is http://dotslifeandart.blogspot.com/ She has an Etsy site were she sells kits too. I think hers are a little smaller than mine. Check it out if you would like to know more about the world of Dotee dolls.

Here is the Two Peas in a Bucket swap board link http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=list&forum_id=14

No comments:

Post a Comment