Saturday, April 14, 2012

Scrappy Saturday #2 Neutrals


Today is Happy Scrappy Saturday over at SoScrappy. I just love this Rainbow Challenge. The month of April is Neutrals and there is a lack of colour for me this month. I have decided to work on these left over colourful strips sets and add the Neutrals to them. I have added in a couple of good grey Batiks fabrics and some Kona white. I got 25 blocks out of my leftovers. I do not think I have enough to do another row or a boarder. I do have an idea for a pieced boarder but will see how it works first.


See how nice the fabrics are. I just had to do something with my leftovers. I have the rows sewn together but need ironing and the cross sashing added. Then on to the boarder idea.  I think I will be sewing tonight as we have a Birthday Party going on and they all want to play games. The noise level in my house is unreal. My kids play so quite compared to other kids. We are having the big sleep over party. We will see if anyone gets any sleep. 


Here is the Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge Icing. Our family favourite. I have done fancy looking cakes but this is the best tasting one.


Here is Lex retrieving a face cloth. Lex and I had a workshop for Agility earlier today and have another class again Sunday morning. Boy do we ever need to work on our toys and other non agility behaviour.

7 comments:

  1. I can see why you had to do something with those extras. The look fabulous with the neutral background. Enjoy the cake-- it looks yummy. Hope you are able to get some sleep eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You mixed some color into those blah neutrals! GOOD FOR YOU! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I really like what you did with your neutrals, I too had to add a bit of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks looks fantastic together - such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Cathi these blocks look fabulous!! I love how they have a 3D look. Nice job with your scraps. Beautiful fabrics too. Your dog is so gorgeous too and your chocolate cake looks delicious! Elly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your left overs are wonderful and the neutral really shows them off! Hope you survived the sleep over and the cake also looks wonderful - dog is pretty gorgeous also!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job with the 3D. Going to be another stunning quilt. btw...found another guild Orca Bay quilter to add to a showing. Pressure is on.

    ReplyDelete