Monday, June 27, 2016

Pansy Hexagons


I am still working on my New Hexagons. All the patterns for these 3" hexagons are in The New Hexagon Book. All 6 of these blocks were made by stacking 6 repeats of the fabric and then cutting out the units I needed. I love doing this. 


# 9 Doris block


#11 Susan


#11 Susan


#13 Judy, I think the petals look like little bugs or fairies dancing. 


#13 Judy


#14 Willa it is the first of the Willa blocks I have done. Look at how tiny the little triangles are.


Here is the orange pansy fabric together with the hexagons. I will have to do some more soon. 

I have added this to design wall Monday 

4 comments:

  1. These are spectacular, Cathy! I love how you can create something completely new, and such a wonderful variety of different blocks, just from fussy cutting different sections of the same print fabric. Those little tails look like EPP -- is that how you're making your hexies? I've been wanting to try EPP but just haven't found the right project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are simply beautiful...lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so pretty. A little fussy cutting here and there gives wondrous results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cathy. You're blocks are gorgeous--the intensity of the pinks is smashing...to die for! Glad to see you're having a very creative summer!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete