Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Felted Hat Class


The last three days I have been in a felted hat class with the beautiful and talented Andrea Graham. I really liked her class. She showed us each step so well and the finishing was so nicely done.  


First day I made my template, yes it is very large. This ended up not being the final template I added a brim to the hat after this. I forgot to get any photos on the second day so I missed my layout shot. 


This is kind of a start of the finish. I struggled with this. I was not really liking how it was going. 


I put holes in the dark purple but the pink was not showing very well. Now what? 3 days of work. 


So I ended up rolling the brim. OK now it is getting better. I still had not done anything with the spikes. They look a little crazy still here. 



This was a little sample Andrea did to show us some other options for the embellishing our hats or if we make a bag later. 


The group shot of the hats. So many nice ones. 


Last night I wet down my 3 spikes and clammed them to hold a spiral shape at the end. The hat is mostly dry now. 


Sorry of the bad selfy shots but I wanted to get some photos posted. My hat is done and ready for winter. 

Tonight at 7 pm Andrea is speaking at the Royal Alberta Museum RAM and I am planning on going. We are to bring our hats to the lecture.  

1 comment: