Friday, July 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day


Finished all 3 quilts!

My mom and I have been working on 3 quilts to give to Fort Mac people who have lot their homes to the wild fires in early May. I can not imagine what they have been through. First running from the flames not know what will happen to their homes or jobs.  I can only hope these quilts can give them a big HUG. 


This quilt was mostly blocks I received from 2 internet swaps that used the Kaffe Fassett collection of fabric. I also made a block for myself with the same pattern I used and sent out to others. I thought this was a very good use for the blocks. So back in May I had a stack of homeless blocks. Now a quilt. 


I started this quilt the weekend the Leduc quilt guild had a big sewing bee for Fort Mac. I used lots of fabric off the donation table. Then I added some of my Hawaii fabric too.  It has turned out very cute. 


I did the machine quilting for all three and my mom did the binding and labels for all three. We make a good team. 


This quilt was mostly pieced by my Mom. I had a stack of 16 patches and 4 patches left from a old project. There was enough blocks still to make another quilt. It is the 3rd one like this. It is beautiful and soft. 



2 comments:

  1. All three of these are lovely quilts... and you and your mom have good hearts to donate them. Is there a pattern for the one that uses the Hawaii fabric? I think this would be a good layout for some of my novelty stash... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All wonderful quilts Kathy and the people who receive these will, I am sure, be very grateful. I especially love the top one.

    ReplyDelete