Saturday, May 27, 2017

Green Saturday Scraps


So pleased that I got 3 green honey comb blocks done. It took most of the month to go through the green scraps bin and trim off 2 - 1 1/2" by 5" strips off. Then I sorted them by the three families, lime, olive and then the emerald.  

Follow the link to find the pattern for  Honey Comb. quilt pattern. 



I am so happy with this Emerald block. Wow, it glows and sparkles like a real Gem. 


I also added to the Mini Nines. I worked at getting more blocks with Green in them. I needed to use a bit of other colour to use with some of the green parts. These blocks are only 4" so the little bits are 1/2" squares. 


Here is the wall this weekend. I have 2 more green blocks I want to finish, they are cut and ready just need time to sew. I will try to get them done and show then next weekend with our new colour in June. 


11 comments:

  1. Lovely green projects. Those honeycomb blocks in the three shades of green are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful green blocks! I love your honeycombs in the three different groupings of green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful works! i especially like the emerald one, too..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the honeycomb block- looks so pretty in those greens. thanks for sharing the link..
    Regards, A

    ReplyDelete
  5. That medium green honeycomb really does look like an emerald! Lovely. Great progress on the other bits and pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each green bock looks so different from the others. In this case, segregation was a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with those last two RSC blocks that you are hoping to complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That emerald honeycomb block is indeed a gem. I've never seen that block. Where have I been? The little blocks are coming along so nicely. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely choice of green blocks. Not seen the honeycomb design before. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those honeycomb blocks are awesome - lovely and unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete