Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Blue Spiral Quilt


I got the machine quilting done on this little blue quilt on Saturday. I now have the binding to do. I should have it done in a few days. I like to hand stitch the binding down. 

I few people have asked me about the design of the block. It is a log cabin done in a spiral. I got a block in one of my pizza block exchanges done by a friend. I am sure it is out there as a basic block. I used 1 1/2" strips of fabric. I think my blocks were done till they measured 12". Half the blocks have 3 light sides and the other half of the blocks have 3 dark sides. Then I could get them to lay out with out 2 dark or 2 light strips beside each other. 


I quilted it with pale blue thread and did a spiral design all over it. It is so nice a warm.  

2 comments:

  1. That is a great design! Love all of the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ramona. I just love blue quilts. This one will be going to a local little boy.

      Delete