Saturday, August 18, 2018

Scrappy Saturday


Back in January 2018, I started the blue spiral log cabin blocks. It was part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018 light blue for Jan. I kept going and got the quilt top done. Later this spring, a friend asked if I had any baby quilts for sale. She found out the baby is a boy so this quilt was going to be perfect. I got the quilt done last month and finished and delivered the quilt. 


Here is the quilting with more Spirals. 
After the baby is born I am going to add a label. 
So happy to hear that there will be a new baby just down the road in a few weeks.


I got a little more Red done from July's colour. These are 6 1/2" crumbs or poverty piecing. 


I worked with some Red and Pink scraps for these hearts. 
I have 7 more blocks almost done.
 So a total of 14. 
I will mail these off for a group hug quilt. 


Aug is the scrap challenge colour is Orange. 
I have started Bow Ties. 
I am using an orange with white dot fabric. 
How cute are they? 
I will not use any other orange but all the other colours, like these Red ones. 



 I worked hard on my Orange scraps. I cut and cut and ironed out funky bits. 
I have tons of triangle in there. I have 3" square, 2 1/2" sq, 2 "sq and then I needed 2 by 3 1/2" units for some flying geese. Now I can start putting some blocks together. I am sure  will need another few weeks before I can complete all this orange. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy and Confessions of a fabric addict.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sale of what started as an RSC project. What fun bits of ORANGE for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blue spiral quilt is stunning! I just love it. Love your oranges, too. Such nice eye candy here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you got a lot of cutting done--I love your blue spiral piece--just beautiful and your orange bow ties fabric is perfect. Great work, Cathy; your posts always get me jazzed up about quilting--thanks for sharing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, your blue spiral quilt is just a stunner. Congrats on a great finish! I love those bright bow ties too!

    ReplyDelete