Sunday, April 25, 2021

Dying Sock Yarn

 


Wow I love how soft this yarn came out. I can be a little heavy handed with the colour and this time I was hoping to have soft. I think I got Soft! The dyes that I have are Fast Acid dyes from Prochem. The colours I used where Lobster Bisque #339, Lilac # 845, Magenta # 338. I did my favorite casserole dish covered and in the oven for 40 mins. 

I used a 100 gram skein of sock yarn with 25% nylon, Diamond Select Footsie. Not sure yet which kind of sock I will knit. Maybe a short sock for summer. 



Here is the yarn all caked up, ready to knit. 


Then I started on blues with a touch of lime green. The skein on the right has mostly blue with a touch of light lime. I love lime.
 I then did the left on because I had the colours mixed up. It has more Yellow to make up all that Green.

Both of these skeins is used colours Brilliant blue 490, sea breeze 408 and sun yellow 119


Here is my mostly Blue one, I am for sure keeping it for me. In fact I have just started to knit it up, only just started so not much to show yet. 


The skein with more green is caked up and I gave it to my mom. She knits socks too. So I thought it was a fun colour for summer. She is finishing up some socks for my dad then she can do this for her self. 


Here is my blue ball ready to knit. I think I will do short socks for my self. I looked up a free pattern called Rose City Rollers. They are cute. Let you know how they turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment