Friday, February 4, 2011

Fish Pond more blocks

I have been able to work on the fish pond quilt again. I have decided to do a bit of log cabin around some of my blocks, like this one. I wish the orange had shown up more. I am worried the blocks are a little darker and duller than I want.

Then I get thinking I need some filler type blocks and I build a set of four patches. I am going to add a few more brighter colours.

I get adding more colour and look at what the fish waste looks like. It is getting more colour. The Blue strip on the left is picked up and added to the scraps , not waste.


I am not happy with this block. To much of it is dull and dark. I ripped out.


Looks better with the strip of orange added in the center and the top.


Added the bright blue around like log cabin. This one is bright and I will have to bring in more of this blue or it will look out of place.


The long arm rail is used to display my fabric and strip sets.


The blocks so far. I have dug out the orange batik with flowers and the lily fabric to add in. Just starting these blocks. I have a long way to go. Some how I have to make rows so I can sew it all together.

1 comment:

  1. This should be really cool when it is done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete