Saturday, March 19, 2011

Linda Bright's Quilt


I love this quilt. My customer Linda Bright did this quilt top and asked me to quilt it. She let me pick out what I thought was best for the quilt without over quilting it and making it stiff. I was so happy to be giving free rein to do what I thought was best. She had planned to give it away but now loves it so much she may keep it for herself or make another one in her colours.


All of the machine quilting is free motion with no marking and very little stopping.


I did a feather heart in the heart block with green thread. I love that I got to use a thread that was going to show up. It really show off the work I can do. I used cream thread on the mostly cream block, so as not to  take away from the heart.


Here is the back. I used thread that matched the top thread, so green bobbin with green top thread and cream with cream. This makes the back look like a second quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment