Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Designing with Shell Repeats


I was able to buy a 6 repeat of this beautiful shell print. It is one of the KFC (Kaffe Fassett Collection) fabrics. The repeat is 11" by about 12"  so I am not sure it maybe one of 4 possible repeats that they had for sale. I got the fabric from Quiltessential in St Albert. 


Block #35 was the first one I did. I used some shot cotton for the outside triangles. 


#35 again. I love this block and will be making a few more. 


This block is #9 Doris. I love how round and turning this block looks. 


And another #35. It can look so different with the repeats. 


I love how well this block turned out. It is Block #3 Sarah. 


I laid out the blocks and they look like a dog bone. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how these blocks are turning out... I played with another colorway of the is fabric...made lots of blocks but haven't gotten it put together yet... you can see it here.
    http://thepolkadotchicken.blogspot.com/2015/04/this-probably-isnt-what-i-should-be.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beauties! I love KF collective fabrics and you have made such great use of them for your hexies!

    ReplyDelete