Saturday, July 15, 2017

Great Blue Scraps


I got started on Bonnie Hunter's next Leader's and Ender's challenge. I am making 6" blocks that have these great checkerboard black and white units. She had a baby quilt some time ago and I loved the Black and White checker board she used. I did not start that quilt but when I saw this rail fence  Opps I started it. Another quilt started. 


There is kind of a right and a left block. See how the white is the top right or top left side. 


I love how they all look together. So much fun!


I made more Honey Comb blocks, these are the dark blue to navy blocks. I have a lot of dark blue scraps. 


Here is 3 Turquoise blocks. 


I have used mostly the 1 1/2" strips. Can you see the Hawaii surf board fabric? 


There is Spider-man fabric and Equestrian fabrics. 


I also just got started on my Blue mini nine patches. Yes they are crazy small. Maybe by next week I will have some blocks done and on the wall. 


The design wall is nice and full of blue. The four on the bottom are from last week. I have so much done for Blue Honey Comb blocks. 


The big rainbow quilt is still being worked on. I do not have the boarders done yet. I have a far bit of work still to do on the top. I am going to use the rainbow strip set to make the boarder. Maybe by next weekend, at least I am getting closer to being done. 

I have added my post to Soscrappy. Check out all the other great Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects that are underway. 

8 comments:

  1. The checkerboard really adds zing to the blocks. It looks lovely on your design wall. The honeycomb blocks are very pretty and your rainbow quilt is gorgeous!. You have some beautiful projects in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I can't believe how far you've gotten on the Leader/Ender Challenge!! LOVE that you used BLUE for the "rails" to match with the RSC Color of the Month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rail fence blue blocks. I like these done in a single colour way. All your blocks look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the rainbow quilt is going to be another stunner- the blocks look all amazing in it. I love the black one too at the top- you do create such terrific quilts. I finally finished a quilt- the first thing I have worked on since we moved to the new house last fall.. Just a panel quilt with attic windows ( its horses for my dad) Now to work on the Sesquicentennial quilt- got some panels- just need to create some blocks for between them. May use some slab blocks.. hmmm - thanks for sharing some quilty inspiration! Regards Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your leaders and enders blocks! I wouldn't have noticed how there are two different blocks until you pointed it out! Are you going to make them all in the blues? I think they would make a pretty quilt with just blues and the black and white four patches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rail fence with checkerboard, i wasnt that interested before but i now i might have too lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your blocks are beautiful! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete