Saturday, July 8, 2017

Rainbow Saturday


I worked very hard on my blue scraps this past week. I can hardly believe this is all I can show you so far for Blue. It took so long to sort and trim all kinds of blue. I had lots of blue, I got carried away and make 4 Bright blue blocks, I still have the darker almost navy colours to do. I also will have the turquoise blues for honey comb blocks because I did not start this till late March. 


My design wall has been busy so I laid these out on the ironing board first before I sewed the blocks. 


Lots of pretty blue, Some are so old. I made my son a pair of pants when he was 2 out of the blue checkered fabric. He is in 3rd year University now. 


Also this week, I worked very hard on this older Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilt. I looked back and the brown top left block was the first one I did back in Nov 2011
Maybe rainbow nine patches as sashing?  or a rainbow fabric? 


I tried out a few different sashing options. I had planned an olive green but it was dead looking, so dead I did not ever take a photo. Trust me it was not good. Also I tried the triangles on the boarder, no not right either, added to much different stuff. 


Maybe Black and White sashing? Oh I kind of like the boarder, I will to make new fabric and lots of it. 


Ok, I think this is what I will do. I have lots to do now. I need to make a few more strip sets of colour to make the boarder. I think I will also leave that first Brown block as the top corner, as it was the first block. I have 25 blocks so this quilt will be 5 by 5 and I think around 76" before the boarders are on. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy
I am away at another dog agility trial this weekend. The club I have joined is hosting a trial and I have a job to do as well as run my dog. We are in a heat wave, so stay cool. 

13 comments:

  1. Your scrappy blocks are fabulous. Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honey comb blocks! They are gorgeous!! I love how your other rainbow quilt top is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't it feel good to have that project seeing completion. The honeycomb blocks are so lovely in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your honey comb blocks. They are like my Fortune Teller blocks, but WAY cooler. Can't wait to see what border you choose for your other RSC project. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job with the blues, and memories as well. I think that a darker block like brown at the corners sort of anchors the quilt. Good luck with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those HoneyComb blocks. I'm always looking for new ways to use my string scraps. And good for you for moving forward on the old projects. Looks good. And I have some old fabrics here too from when I made clothes for the family. Fun to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to cast my vote for the b/w sashing until I saw the rainbow one. I really like the triangles in the border, but the piano keys are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely think you hit on a winner with that RAINBOW string border. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, what a fabulous plan! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous scrappy blocks they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely like the final arrangement - lots of things going on, but in a pleasing way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your scappy rainbow quilt is looking great. Love your sashing and border ideas. Those honeycomb blocks are delicious!

    ReplyDelete