Sunday, February 10, 2019

Yellow 16 patches


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019 is well under way. I have slowly been working on some yellow scraps. I do not have tons of yellow or do I have too many wholes in the blocks that yellow is needed. I needed these yellow 16 patches made using 2" squares. I have a few yellows that are almost brown. But they work in these little blocks. 


I am planning to use some of these 16 patches mixed in with 6 1/2" sampler blocks. See how I can move from one colour to the next. I have not worked out all the design questions but here is a sample of what I am planning. 



I needed blue 16 patch blocks and I know it is not blue this month, but I had it out. So I got them made. Part of my catching up on missing blocks. Maybe it will help me get some quilt tops done. 


Here is the green sampler blocks and the yellow 16 and Blue 16 patches mixed together. They look good together. 

I am a day late but I am adding this to the link up on Soscrappy and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019.  


1 comment:

  1. Your blocks look great and I think the brownish fabrics work just fine.

    ReplyDelete