Saturday, February 16, 2019

Yellow Talking Turkey blocks


Yellow is the colour for the month of February with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019. 
I had many parts done for these blocks and now have them together. Not sure if I really want 5 yellow blocks in this quilt or not. I have no idea how many blocks I want in total.  

Talking Turkey is block from Bonnie Hunter's String Fling quilt book. 


So far I have 4 colour each with 5 blocks done. I know I need green for sure. Maybe more colours. I am worried that 5 blocks of each colour and How many colours could be to many blocks. These blocks are a bit bigger, like 14" or so. Maybe I am on my way to 2 smaller quilts. Not sure. 

I have added this post to Soscrappy and the link party

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to when you have enough for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult to decide how many blocks to make, when you are unsure of exactly what you are going to do. I have the same issue. I have committed to 4 of each color, that should give me a good lap size! My blocks are only 8.5" though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great quilt! How about one bigger quilt, and one smaller? One to keep and one to give away. I've found that there are some colors I just don't have very much of, so the block number tends to balance out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that blue block looks amazing against the warmer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Talking Turkey blocks and plan to make some for a future RSC project too. It sounds to me as though you’re on your way to two more more quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! That's been on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Talking Turkey blocks - always enjoy Bonnie's photos of them when she's teaching that Workshop. Your idea of making them in the RSC colours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, I have been dodging the start of this block, but every once in a while I am prodded again. Goodness knows I have enough fabric to pull it off in any colour way, but your rainbow of blocks is also very inspiring. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe this will help you with the number of blocks, soscrappy explained that there will be a total of 10 colors. The months of Nov and Dec are for assembly and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a lovely golden glow up on your design wall. Good luck figuring out how many blocks you will need!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I might have to purchase Bonnie's book. I love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are doing a great job on your blocks. Those are tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete