Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Snow Garden Quilt


 This is another customers quilt I quilted this past November. It is a Christmas gift for her mother in France. I thought it looked a little like a snowflake or a winter flower. I gave it the name Snow Garden Quilt, not my customer. I am not sure if this is a pattern or not. The flower points are curved with a cathedral window curve that is stitched back. 

 

Today is the shortest day of the year, and so very dark every morning and afternoon. Our weather has been not to bad for winter so far but it is still winter. We are expecting just above freezing on the 24th and 25th.  Thinking of flowers and gardens are a must. I moved my orchids around yesterday. Making sure I have all the blooming ones upstairs to enjoy. The photos below is from Maui this past March. Looking at it fills me with the feeling of warm sunshine and happy memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment