Tuesday, July 31, 2012
I found it. I started this for the Edmonton Quilter`s Guild Challenge. It was due to be handed in back in May but I could see I was not going to get the quilting and binding done to hand in. Is off to the side it went. I was going to show it in June after the other challenge quilts were reviled but I could not find it. I found it. I made it with my hand dyed fabric. It is to look like a row of roses. I am not sure I was getting the look I wanted.
The Challenge was to make a garden themed quilt that measured 6 by 12 inches. A very odd size. There were some great little quilts. My camera batteries were dead at the dinner and I did not get any photos.
I am not sure I will finish it now. I may make it in to a 12 by 12 block and use it some were else.
I have linked this up with Quilting by the River Tuesday Linky Party.
I found this photo. It is me a the CQA Dinner in Calgary 2010. I was just starting to work on the leaves I showed yesterday.
Posted by Cathy Tomm at 10:35 AM
Labels: Edmonton Guild, Hand Dyed Quilts
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love the colors in your roses blocks Cathy! You definitely need to finish them up :*)ReplyDelete
Is that really 6 by 12 inches.....all those tiny strings! I like it! Lovely photo of you too! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday
I like it and I think it looks like roses, very nice.ReplyDelete
those are some itty bitty strings you used there!ReplyDelete
Love the colours and you did an amazing job using tiny strings to make up the garden theme quilt!ReplyDelete