Monday, March 6, 2017

Shoe Box Blocks


At the Black Gold Quilt Patch Guild ( I some times call it the Leduc guild) we have had a few Shoe Box Exchanges going around. This past month I had the box with batik and did these 4 blocks. I have to say I love sewing with Batik fabrics. It makes me wounder why I bother with any other fabrics. The cut and sew and press so well. 


The way the shoe box exchange works is the box has a pattern and a pretty fabric in the box. So the fabric yardage is to the right side. Some cuts have more pink, green, yellow or green in them. 



We were to use the print and make the star block. It measures 12 1/2". 


The box had one block with a pink background so I made another block to go with it. This light pink was a remnant that I had recently bought, I thought this was a good block to use some.  


Blues with the mostly yellow parts of the print. 


Here are all the blocks that were in the box when I finished with it. What a great set of star blocks. At the meeting they passed it out one more time. So maybe at the next meeting they will a draw and name for the winner. I made 4 blocks so I will get 4 chances to win. I think I like this set some of the best of all the shoe boxes that I have done. 

I have added this post to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun exchange and those fabrics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun idea, and those are very pretty blocks. It is nice that they chose a fabric that you could go in so many directions with, color wise. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete