I worked hard on the tulip quilt top this past week. Sunday I cut out the colours to go around the tulips and finished a few purple tulips. Monday I was starting to lay it out. Then a few evenings of sewing the top together. This is finish number 8 for me this year. Yes I call finishing a top a finish, I will have to get some quilting done soon. I need lots quilted and bound king of finished soon.
I had been making tulips with the different colours as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge over at So Scrappy.
Some of the rows coming together. This pattern is from the book Quilty Fun.
Some of the Red tulips I got done last week as part of the colour Red for March. Love how this photo looks. I think it is like when you see planted tulips in a row but you are not lined up with the rows.
I have many more tulips left to play with. I think they may show up in a coupe more quilts with other blocks.