Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Stiching


I have the very long term project. I started the first block back in June of 2010 when I was at Quilt Canada in Calgary (correction on the place). I have it stuffed in a Purdy`s Chocolate bag to take with me. I do not work on it very often. With summer days and visiting friends and family I have been working on it again. With the Olympics  on I might get working on this again at home.


Another Kathy has a Slow Sunday Linky Party that I have added this post to. Here is a close up of the stitches I am doing. All the fabric and thread is hand dyed by me. 


This is a block in progress. I piece the stem by machine and then arrange the leaves and pin then in place. Then it is ready to take along for the hand stitching.


This is the book I got the leaves from. I had to get this book by Piece of Cake Designs. My mom and I love their books and have most of them. We have done two of their patterns as mother and daughter quilts. 


Here is the thread I dye. I have been selling it at the quilt shows and to my friends. I sometimes think of setting up an on line store but it sound like work.

9 comments:

  1. OMG your thread looks yummy! What about an etsy store??!
    I love your project! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! those leaves look fabulous, and so do those threads. All kinds of wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great applique and WOW! awesome thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful thread! What a great project - hand stitched leaves and your wonderful thread!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, your leaf block is lovely! how many have you made so far?
    the thread you dye is amazingly beautiful! i'm sure you could do very well with an etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hand dyes, both the thread and the fabric. Sounds like another fun but still related hobby. Enjoy your hand stitching during the Olympics. It is a perfect excuse to settle in and stitch for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dye work Cathy! You're very talented at that obviously :*) I love the Piece 'O Cake designs too and have most of their books, but I have not yet done a quilt of their designs. It's on my bucket list though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great pattern. Your thread is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thread looks lovely as do all your fabrics. Enjoy the slow stitching... so nice to just have a project to take with you just in case.

    ReplyDelete