Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday Aug 13, 2012


Wow Aug is flying by quickly. I did not get any patch work done this week. I finished quilting Star Struck and started the binding. I got more machine quilting done for customers, but I did not spend much more time in my sewing room.


Saturday I got to the Tolfield quilt show and did some shopping at the market mall and the local quilt shop. I bought this crazy Yellow fabric. It was on sale for $5/m so I got 2 m. I am not sure what I will do with it, but am sure it will show up in my scrap quilts for years. The yellow made me think of the Gipsy costume my mom made me when I was about 7 in the mid 70's when you could not find many cotton prints.


I have added this post to Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt you are almost finished with! Looks like you had fun shopping and that is so neat that the yellow fabric reminds you of something from your past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your purchases! I would use that black and white stripe for a binding for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that fabric! And your quilt looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting and colors of your star stuck quilt. Beautiful fabrics you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a great quilt and it's so nice to go to a quilt show and buy fabric too. The quilting looks really nice on this.

    ReplyDelete