Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday and Recap July


I am looking back at July to see what I have done. I did not finish a quilt of mine, I did help my customers by machine quilting many of their quilts. This collection of rainbow blocks is looking great. I added four blue ones this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2012 (RSC2012). I also got half of my Spider Web Quilt pieced together and need to get the other half up on the wall and pieced together.


I got many more wacky log cabin blocks done also for the RSC2012 in blue for the month of July.


I got five more Forester`s wife blocks done that is part of a sew a long and the RSC2012.


I got this quilted in July but did not get around to doing the binding. This is very small and was quick to do but still not done. I plan to use this on my small coffee table as I need some kind of place mat.


Here is the back, it is even in rainbow thread.


I have done a ton of machine quilting. This is one that is currently on the machine and is very very large. I thought I would post a photo as the customer sometimes checks my blog and I want to give her a little peak at what I am doing on her quilt. I am so pleased with it.


The fruit around here has been crazy. Yesterday I spend the day in the kitchen trying to use some of it up. I made a Rhubarb and Raspberry Crisp.


Then I made three bashes of Raspberry Jam. I have picked at least four large pails of berries in the last few days. Glad to have the berries.


Then a double bash of Raspberry and almond muffins. I took my Blueberry muffin recipe and added two table spoons of ground almond and some almond extract. I also did six pies on Saturday but did not get any photos. I have Saskatoon berries on the trees and I not sure I will pick any as I am almost done with the kitchen.

I have added today`s posts to Freashly Pieced WIP Wednesday and Lily`s Quilts Fresh Sewing Days

13 comments:

  1. What a busy lady you have been- I love fruit crisp- I must make one with my rhubarb and blueberries. Glad that your berries have survived the storms you have had. I am not a canner so I admire others who can. My son has taken up pickling- He is making my mother's dill pickles which he loves. He now lives in Charlottetown so it is not so easy to have a feed of grandma's pickles..
    You do beautiful work on your long arm.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that rainbow scrap challenge quilt that you have going there. It is gorgeous!!! So are the others, but that one caps them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could come pick raspberries there! The berry crop in Virginia has been disappointing this year. Last year I froze 11 gallon bags of blackberries. Only 1 this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow blocks are gorgeous and the quilting on your mat is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wacky log cabins! And you have been "berry" busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear girl do you ever sleep? And you are quilting for customers like me. Cathy, you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!! love it all. our quilting looks fantastic. And you're making me hungry...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - your quilting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely projects and beautiful quilting work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. when do you sleep? enjoy peeking in on you and seeing whats going on. love your ideas Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo I really like your rainbow scrap challenge, and the blue and white is going to be NEAT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rainbow quilt. It is going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to go to your house for berry goodness! You'll love those jars come winter.
    The quilts look amazing and I love how your rainbow blocks look together.

    ReplyDelete