Saturday, August 4, 2012

Scrap Saturday Aqua


I found out last night that the new colour for this months Rainbow Scrap Challenge  is Aqua or Turquoise or the lighter blues. Good thing, the scraps for blue were just to big to be one month. I quickly got one block done to show you. I would call this block Aqua as it is almost a green and not a blue. I just love this colour. My Mom did a storm at sea quilt in these colours a few years back and it is on her bed as her summer quilt. Sorry no photo maybe next week I will get a picture. For more rainbow goodness check out Soscrappy.


I stopped by a quilt buddy's today and her Husband gave me one of his Ruler stands. Can you believe I have done without one of these all these years. When I first saw them I had my rulers hanging on a board next to my cutting table. Now that does not work because I have a higher table and the rulers do not hang down correctly. Thanks Ernie 

7 comments:

  1. Your aqua block is very appealing and I love Ernie's ruler stand, does he sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqua is one of my favorite colors - your wallhanging is very pretty.
    Cool Ruler rack- - I have to get mine out and use it more - It is upstairs in my sewing room and I more often sew in the main part of the house..LOL It could be used more effectively ...
    Hope you are not having a big storm- we have had a cell come through with a little rain and thunder- dusty the dog is hiding behind my chair.. Have a great long weekend.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the aqua/turquoise...love the ruler rack - what a nifty idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! These are going to look great when they come together at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful BLOCK! Love your ruler stand. I have never seen one. Great idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous block...so pretty and crisp and summery looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty block - I love aqua - it is pretty and soothing colour.

    ReplyDelete